How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on iPhone?
There are lots of situations that we could lose messages (both text messages and iMessages) on iPhone.
1. Delete messages accidentally
2. Physical damage to device: iPhone got broken, crashed, smashed, water damaged.
3. System damage: iOS upgrade, jailbreaking failure or factory settings restore on your iPhone.
If you have encountered any kind of situation, please don’t worry. With the help of iPhone Data Recovery, you can get all your data back. It is a professional iPhone data recovery software, which can help you safely get your lost messages (including iMessages) back.
This software provides you three ways to retrieve deleted messages on iPhone:
- Retrieve messages from iPhone device
- Retrieve messages from iTunes backup file
- Retrieve messages from iCloud backup file
Here, I will focus on the first method- retrieve your deleted text messages directly from iPhone device. You can install this software and follow this tutorial to have a try.
Step 1: Connect iPhone to computer and scan data
Launch the iPhone Data Recovery, and connect your iPhone device to computer via USB cable.
Then the software will detect your device automatically.
For iPhone 6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5s/5c/4s
This software will let you choose data types to recover. You can select all of them, or just the messages type based on your need.
Then click the “Start Scan” button.
For iPhone 4/3GS
For iPhone 4/3GS users, you need to enter the device scanning mode first. You can follow the instructions:
- Hold your iPhone and click the "Start" button.
- Press the "Home" and "Power" buttons at the same time when you click "Start", then hold them for exactly 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, you can release the "Power" button and keep pressing the "Home" button for another 15 seconds.
Then the software will start to scan your device.
Step 2: Retrieve deleted messages on iPhone
The scanning process will last a few minutes. Once it is finished, all found data will be displayed on the software window. Click “Messages” category to view all text messages and iMessages.
Now you could preview and select the messages you need. Click “Recover” button to recover selected text messages to computer.
Also this software offers you the ability to recover the selected messages to iPhone directly.